Username: Password:
Remember Me? forgot password?

Older Primary School Gaeilge Books
Posted: 22 November 2016 04:01 PM   Ignore ]  
Comhalta
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2011-11-08

I’m hoping that there may be a Primary School Teacher who posts here that can help me with three older out of print resources I am trying to track for academic study.

I’ve tried all the usual places like second hand shops, local Primary Schools and online book markets but I’m having no luck. I running out of avenues.

It’s three older Textbooks which were in use in the 1990s :

Tar Liom (Liam Breatnach, 1983)
Rith Liom (Liam Breatnach, 1989)
Bun go Barr 6 (Original 1994 edition)

Hoping that there might be somebody that has kept these. Ideally I’m looking to hold onto them as they will be part of a long term study.

If anybody could help it would be great.

Signature 

Marbh le tae….marbh gan é!

Posted: 26 November 2016 12:03 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Comhalta
Rank
Joined  2011-10-28

I will ask at my cómhrá next week.

Posted: 26 November 2016 12:38 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Comhalta
Rank
Joined  2011-11-08

I appreciate that. I have put up posts and messages all over but I am having no luck

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2016 02:55 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Comhalta
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2016-04-06

Hi,

I can tell you, I may have the books you want, but I’m not that interested in parting with them permanently, especially Bun go Barr 6. The earliest publish years for my books don’t match up with yours.

My Bun go Barr says its first published in 2008, but my edition is 2013.

I also have all but Gluais Liom in the series Siúil Liom (89), Rith Liom (89), Suas Liom (87),  Bog Liom (84), Buail Liom (88) agus Tar Liom (88). Do you have Gluais Liom?

What is the study about?

You can email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) to discuss further.

Des

Posted: 27 November 2016 03:39 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Comhalta
Rank
Joined  2011-11-08

Thank you! I have sent on an email

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2016 03:14 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Comhalta
Rank
Joined  2011-11-08

Just an update! I have found/recieved all three books! Thank you to everyone involved.

I just though that I would mention a 4th book. I did not mention it earlier as it was secondary to the three I was looking for but I figure there is no harm in asking.

It is the first book in the Gach Aon Lá series (and I have painstakingly found all the others)

It’s the Junior Infants book :

Gach Aon Lá : Tosach Maith (don Naoinán Shoisearacha) C.1997

Signature 

Posted: 01 December 2016 05:42 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Comhalta
Rank
Joined  2011-10-28

Is maith an scéal é sin Jaygon. I had no luck at the cómhrá which surprised me - three of the regulars are retired teachers. You have piqued my interest now. I might have a look at some bunscoil materials next time I am in Cork or Dublin!

Posted: 01 December 2016 01:40 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Comhalta
Rank
Joined  2011-11-08

Thanks very much! I’m sure that last book will show up. The problem is that most of these books are workbook style books and by their very nature…they get written in and do not remain in supply (once out of print) for very long. I’m delighted to have tracked the original three books on the list.

Signature