lastdyoff.gif
lastwkoff.gif
treeoff.gif
searchoff.gif
helpoff.gif
contactoff.gif
creditsoff.gif
homeoff.gif

The Daltaí Boards » General Discussion (Irish and English) » Archive through July 28, 2011 » 'An Sgeuluiḋe Gaeḋealaċ' « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gealach
Username: Gealach

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 07:31 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit PostPrint Post

Hello,
Can anyone give me information on, and most importantly, does anyone know if there is a possibility of finding, Douglas Hyde's 'An Sgeuluide Gaeḋealaċ' (sorry, don't know how to do italics on this board) anywhere? I cannot even find info about it online. My university has a beautiful old copy that I've had checked out since December. I covet it badly. It appears it was donated to the uni in 1973 and I am the first person to have ever checked it out! (I think they should just give it to me)

The inside cover reads An Sgeuluiḋe Gaeḋealaċ (Sgéalta as Connaċta), Duḃglas de h-Íde...Ar n-a ḟoillsiú anois, arís, do Institiút Béaloideasa Éireann, 1933.

GRMAbh!

(Message edited by gealach on May 22, 2011)

an teanga bhinn bhríomhar

Wee_falorie_man
Username: Wee_falorie_man

Post Number: 261
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 11:04 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit PostPrint Post

Obuadhaigh
Username: Obuadhaigh

Post Number: 52

Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 02:29 pm:   Small TextLarge TextEdit PostPrint Post

Sean

- living with the shame of being the first non-native speaker in his family...

Gealach

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 04:18 pm:   Small TextLarge TextEdit PostPrint Post

A Sheáin, I'm sure that one is it. Seeing the price at €170 I am sorely tempted to steal the library copy.

Cead_ite
Username: Cead_ite

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 05:07 pm:   Small TextLarge TextEdit PostPrint Post

Was able to find this, at least, on Google Books.

'Ceiṫre Sgeulta Eile (XI., XII., XIV., XIX.) Tarraingte as an "Sceuluiḋe Gaeḋealaċ"'

http://books.google.com/ebooks/reader?id=tgANAAAAYAAJ&num=13&printsec=frontcover &output=reader

Wee_falorie_man
Username: Wee_falorie_man

Post Number: 262
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 08:29 pm:   Small TextLarge TextEdit PostPrint Post

quote:

Seeing the price at €170 I am sorely tempted to steal the library copy.

hmm …
Well, the one that I found is less than 45 dollars and is supposed to be an exact replica of the original (except for the cover I think).

Gealach

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 06:18 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit PostPrint Post

Yes -- I think I'll have to settle for a facsimile.

Gealach

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 06:18 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit PostPrint Post

Woops. Double post.

(Message edited by gealach on May 23, 2011)

Cead_ite
Username: Cead_ite

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 02:53 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit PostPrint Post

Not sure if you found what you needed, but I just randomly came upon this while looking for something else:

http://books.google.com/books?id=7ceBwNz8GfIC&dq=p%C3%A1id%C3%ADn+mh%C3%A1ire&so urce=gbs_navlinks_s

It's a French translation of An Sceuluiḋe Gaeḋealaċ, but it has the original Irish on the facing page.

©Daltaí na Gaeilge