lastdyoff.gif
lastwkoff.gif
treeoff.gif
searchoff.gif
helpoff.gif
contactoff.gif
creditsoff.gif
homeoff.gif

The Daltaí Boards » Archive: 2005- » 2007 (March-April) » Archive through April 21, 2007 » Fire of opposition « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

FRC (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 87.198.196.90
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 03:00 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit Post Print Post

I've looking thru the archives tonight, and it seems that there were more posts in the turbulent eras, than now. One funny (for me with no sleep -I've no bed but one computer; long story) thread was called LPA vs IPA (sounds) where James near has a heart attack...the venom pronounced is hilarious. One would almost guess someone was prodding it in that end for their own twisted purposes...

FRC (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 87.198.196.90
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 03:01 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit Post Print Post

The point; ah yes, the point is that things too polite my remove 'colour' as well. Just saying.

Alun (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 66.213.29.242
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 10:16 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit Post Print Post

There's another thread on here about Where's Aonghus? Well, where's Jonas and a few others? The only one left is Lughaidh. This board seems to have lost something in these past few months.

Mac_léinn
Username: Mac_léinn

Post Number: 440

Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 05:20 pm:   Small TextLarge TextEdit Post Print Post

One of my favorite threads from the past was Where's Maidhc? where in the thread we were playing the game similar to Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?. But, alas, it looks like games like this one and Fiche Ceist that did so much to help beginners practice their Irish, have died by the wayside or have gone into eternal limbo waiting for someone to pass the torch.

Is trua é sin.

(Message edited by mac_léinn on April 14, 2007)

http://ga.wikipedia.org - check it out!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teachyourselfirish
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/irishlinguistics

Riona
Username: Riona

Post Number: 1115

Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 09:53 pm:   Small TextLarge TextEdit Post Print Post

You guys want to know a dirty little secret? ...

I enjoy it when we get into debates with each other, its exciting. However I don't like it when people get taunted out of the forum, hint hint to one in particular who did this recently to another with whom I still correspond.

I do miss Jonas and I enjoy reading his postings in the archives. By the way I'm all the way up to March of 2005 in the archives, I'll be up to where I joined eventually if I keep trying.

One of the funniest disses I ever got was from Robert saying I must be blonde and have an American smile. I laughed about that one for weeks and my friend and I tried to figure out just what an "American smile" might be. :)

I do enjoy turbulance and chaos. I don't enjoy cruelty.

Beir bua agus beannacht

Domhnall_Ó_h_aireachtaigh
Username: Domhnall_Ó_h_aireachtaigh

Post Number: 157
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 04:28 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit Post Print Post

i I tried to figure out just what an "American smile" might be. :)

All of your own teeth and all of them bleached white as Chiclets!

James
Username: James

Post Number: 465

Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 08:55 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit Post Print Post

FRC....how about a link to that discussion. I'd like to see how close to a heart attack I was!

Is minic a bhris beál duine a shrón.
Fáilte roimh cheartú, go deo.

Aonghus
Username: Aonghus

Post Number: 5108

Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Small TextLarge TextEdit Post Print Post

Sean stair atá ansin, James.

Ah, sna seanlaethanta....

Pádraig
Username: Pádraig

Post Number: 436

Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 09:30 pm:   Small TextLarge TextEdit Post Print Post

One of the funniest disses I ever got was from Robert saying I must be blonde and have an American smile. I laughed about that one for weeks and my friend and I tried to figure out just what an "American smile" might be. :)

My daughter spent a summer at Oideas Gael in the Gleanncolmcille Gaeltacht several years ago. The local lads who spent their evenings at Biddy's said they can always tell which tourists are American. They're the one's with the straight teeth. There's your American smile, and how's that for a stereotype?

Ní maith é an duine a bheith leis féin.

©Daltaí na Gaeilge