lastdyoff.gif
lastwkoff.gif
treeoff.gif
searchoff.gif
helpoff.gif
contactoff.gif
creditsoff.gif
homeoff.gif

The Daltaí Boards » Archive: 1999-2004 » 2004 (October-December) » Archive through November 11, 2004 » Tutor? In Oregon « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pandagoboom
Username: Pandagoboom

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Is there anyone in Oregon (Portland area) who would be willing to tutor in Irish. I've been wanting to learn how to speak it for a very long time, but can find no one here who teaches.

Searlas
Username: Searlas

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2004 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Check out the "Classes" section of this website. Looks like there are a number of things going on in Portland.

Regards,

Searlas

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Well I am in Seattle Howdy neighbor, I have tried to contact those on the teachers list but not one replied to my e-mails so left to try this on my own. I hope those in Portland respond to you. do a google on "Irish language free" I found several sites that give a phoenetic (?) key and that have sound that was a lot of fn but whish i could find a Teacher too good luck.

daniel (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 4.5.76.143
Posted on Friday, November 05, 2004 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I'm in Portland also (and my name is Dan). That aside, I suggest you call Gerard at Kells Irish Restaurant in Portland. He should know of any glasses. You might also call Cynthia at Kathleen's of Dublin in Portland.

Karen Ham (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 67.160.8.207
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 01:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I live in Seattle and took an Irish class a year ago in North Seattle given by a man named Liam. It was a good intro, but he charges $120.00 for 10 classes, so I decided to try something cheaper.
He is listed in the classes section, by the way, as "Liam Boyle".
More recently I've purchased the "Buntús Cainte" tapes here at this website and they are really, really helpful. I listen to them when I'm driving and I'm slowly getting the hang of the pronunciation (which I find REALLY difficult).

Good luck!

©Daltaí na Gaeilge