lastdyoff.gif
lastwkoff.gif
treeoff.gif
searchoff.gif
helpoff.gif
contactoff.gif
creditsoff.gif
homeoff.gif

The Daltaí Boards » Archive: 1999-2004 » 2002 (January-June) » Gaeilge.org « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Al Evans (tbtm.org - 208.188.101.145)
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Has anybody had any dealings with www.Gaelige.org?

I don't seem to be able to contact them via either email or phone, and I'm wondering whether they actually exist at all.

Thanks!

Al Evans

James (209.48.182.219)
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

A Chara,

I was able to link to them off of a search under "as gaeilge" on MSN's site. They are on the second page of listings. According to their info, they are located in Bristol, Rhode Island (USA). I have in-laws from there so I'll be doing my best to do a face-to-face link-up with them on my next visit. I'll let you know what more I find.

Le meas,

James

Fintan (neta.lisp.com.au - 203.21.133.124)
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

A chairde,
I've visited the site, and it seemed to be operating fine at the time. As for the people running the site, níl a fhios ar bith agam. However, I must point out that I was directed to the site by a creature I have encountered on an 'Irish' website (Ireland Uncensored Debate Central). his name is Brian Kennedy, he is from Colorado and is quite the evil little anti-Semitic, anti-Asian, anti-anything not himself little member of the well-known neo-Nazi sympathising 'Third Position' movement. If ANY of you have any contact with this amadán, as he is apparently involved in Irish language circles, PLEASE do your best to shunh him absolutely. He is a discredit to all things Irish, an dfor that matter all things truly human. Sorry for the rant, but...*sheesh*...with 'friends' like him, an Ghaeilge sure doesn't need any enemies.

Le meas,
Fiontán

Al Evans (tbtm.org - 208.188.101.145)
Posted on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I kinda hate to do this, but it seems appropriate to post my experience with Gaeilge.org.

I ordered some books from them a little over three weeks ago. I paid for them via their PayPal option.

Since then, I have heard nothing, and have been unable to contact them via either email or phone.

I have filed a complaint with PayPal. Since it's ultimately paid via credit card, I imagine I'll get my money (a little over $100) back one way or the other. Of course, it would be a lot simpler if PayPal weren't involved.

But at this point, it seems that Gaeilge.org is a black hole, and one probably shouldn't order merchandise from them.

Hope this helps someone.

Al Evans

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

©Daltaí na Gaeilge