lastdyoff.gif
lastwkoff.gif
treeoff.gif
searchoff.gif
helpoff.gif
contactoff.gif
creditsoff.gif
homeoff.gif

The Daltaí Boards » Archive: 1999-2004 » 2002 (January-June) » New Learner looking for Pen Pals « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob Clark (206.187.151.1)
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I'm a 42 year old American of Irish descent from my father's side, and started teaching myself Irish about a month ago. I took a short class a few years ago, but remembered very little. I'd like to correspond with a beginner, so that we can encourage each other. I've studied primarily Romance languages until now, so Irish will definitely be a fun challenge.

The cultural and language program in Gleann Cholm Cille looks interesting to me, and I would love to hear from anyone who has attended.

Máire (bg-tc-ppp879.monmouth.com - 209.191.51.65)
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I attended a course i nGleann Cholm Cille when I had only a few words of Irish - I was there for the language & culture week - without a doubt I enjoyed myself immensely, with hill climbing, dancing & the nightly goings on. And it was wonderful to be surrounded by the language, although most of it was over my head at that point.
I say go for it . . .

Seosamh Mac Muirí (proxy-server3.ul.ie - 136.201.1.52)
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Your attitude seems to be very positive, Bob.
Go mbaine tú sult as do chuid ruathar faoin teanga -
May you enjoy your futere forays into the language.

It won't be the first ruathar of an Ó Cléirigh in that direction. There were many, from which the language has had great benefit.

Treise leat - More power to you!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

©Daltaí na Gaeilge