lastdyoff.gif
lastwkoff.gif
treeoff.gif
searchoff.gif
helpoff.gif
contactoff.gif
creditsoff.gif
homeoff.gif

The Daltaí Boards » Archive: 1999-2004 » 2001 (January-June) » Tatoo's « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Liam o briain (modem-72-st.halenet.com.au - 203.55.33.72)
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I'm thinking of getting a tatoo and want something in irish, maybe a symbol to do with the language or a saying orboth.

Rick Tobin (dyn-187-211-114.btitelecom.net - 216.187.211.114)
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post

If you are religious, a celtic cross can be a beautiful symbol. You should to pick a saying or phrase that fits you and find out from this site how it translates into gaelic.

Dennis (c792392-a.sttln1.wa.home.com - 24.19.205.18)
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 04:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

And if you're not conventionally religious, a ceann scoite has deep Celtic roots, in Ireland and beyond. Or get a torc tattoo around your neck.

Liam o briain (ip0009.nnsw.quik.com.au - 203.171.97.9)
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 08:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Can anyone tell me where on tne internet i can get a picture of the symbol of An Claideamh Solais newspaper of Paraic Mac Piarais(Padraig Pearse), as this would be good for a tatoo . i have also thought about a celtic armband or the symbol of Conradh na Gaeilge. Irish phrases I could use include Eire gaelach Eire saor by Pearse,Eirinn go brea or tir agus teanga. Where could I see a ceann scoite?

Risteárd (213.190.128.201)
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2001 - 05:33 am:   Edit Post Print Post

A 'ceann scoite' is a severed head so I think Dennis was joking. Despite its Celtic associations it's probably not something you want to get a tatoo of.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

©Daltaí na Gaeilge