lastdyoff.gif
lastwkoff.gif
treeoff.gif
searchoff.gif
helpoff.gif
contactoff.gif
creditsoff.gif
homeoff.gif

The Daltaí Boards » Archive: 1999-2004 » 2000 (January-June) » Irish Language Curriculum « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Prionseasin (nycdialup121.voicenet.com - 209.71.79.181)
Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2000 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

A Chairde,
Denis Murphy, Sean Tierney and myself are planning to 'write' an Irish Language Curriculum - we already have an outline in place. We would like to get your help with this project or better still, contact someone who has this project completed. I am 'posting' this message 'As Gaeilge" as well. We will be happy to get a response in either language.
I plan to 'post' one topic from our outline every few days.
Today's topic is "Members of the Family" (An Teaghlach).
Here is a sample lesson, in shortened form, on the topic "FEELINGS" using the pronouns 'orm', 'ort' 'air', 'uirthi', 'orainn', 'oraibh' agus 'orthu'.
(a) Situation - Conversation among students on topic
(b) Related Strategy/Plan - Finding information on topic.
(c) Vocabulary on topic (Happiness,Sorrow)
(d) Related Structure/Sentences - using Vocabulary and pronouns. An example: "Ta athas orm." - "I am happy" or literally, "There is happiness on me."
(e) Related Structure/Grammar - using 'orm' - on me, 'ort' - on you, 'air' - on him, 'uirthi' - on her, 'orainn' - on us, 'oraibh' - on you (plural, 'orthu' - on them.
Some or all of the steps above writing a lesson on today's topic "Members of the Family" would be terrific!
Thank you very much and Good Luck,
Prionseasin

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

©Daltaí na Gaeilge