lastdyoff.gif
lastwkoff.gif
treeoff.gif
searchoff.gif
helpoff.gif
contactoff.gif
creditsoff.gif
homeoff.gif

The Daltaí Boards » Archive: 1999-2004 » 2000 (January-June) » Study Hints? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Toledo (bg-tc-ppp666.monmouth.com - 209.191.59.100)
Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi; I'm just a beginner, looking to learn by myself from tapes or websites. I have your teach yourself Irish...it's hard, for me. You have a very interesting website. Any hints about VERY Simple courses would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aodh (ras102.persocom.com.br - 200.199.233.133)
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 08:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post

I'll give you a couple of hints.

1 Try to study a little bit every day.
2 Take two or three days out of the week to study for an hour and a half.
3 Always start your studies off with a little bit of a review to get you ready to use your Irish and "fix" what you have already learned.
4 Try to find practicle ways to use your Irish. One good way is the Gaeilge-B mailing list. You can communicate in Irish with outher learners.
5 Take it slowly. Try to master each chapter before going on to the next.

Teach Yourself Irish is a pretty good introduction, but it just isn't enough. Look for suplimentary material on the net. There's lots of stuff. Once you mave finished TYI I suggest you start using "Learning Irish" by Micheál Ó Siadhail. Oh, and don't forget to get a good learner's dictionary like Foclóir Póca.

Slán,

Aodh

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

©Daltaí na Gaeilge